Rowing machine is one of the most underrated gym equipments, as people seldom tend to overlook the benefits it has for the body. If you are someone who is looking to make good use of that rowing machine in your local gym, I will tell you exactly how to do so in this article. Rowers by Concept 2 are the latest and most upgraded ones. Below are a few points on how to use Your Concept 2 Rower for working out.
- The screen
First and foremost, you should know how to navigate your Concept 2 rowing machine. It comes with a screen which provides various forms of measurement that you’d want to display during your workout.
- Rowing machine settings
You should also learn about rowing machine settings that help you in efficient workout.
- Fan settings – a fan setting of 3 to 4 is adequate for efficient training. A setting of more than that may lead to injuries and put a lot of unwanted load on the body.
- Split – This refers to the amount of time you take to row 500 meters. If you set a split of 1:30, this ideally means it takes you 1 minute and 30 seconds to row 500 meters. You can make this setting and other workout settings in “New Workout” option of the Concept 2 rower.
- Rowing machine positions
- Catch – the first stage of rowing in which you are at full compression and “catching” the weight of the resistance from the water when you enter it.
- Drive – the second stage and sequence of rowing. In this the legs come first, then back and finally arms.
- Finish – end stage when you sit with legs laid flat and shoulder behind hips with the handle stretched backwards.